After General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) becoming effective as of May 25, 2018, data protection, data security and data archiving have become important issues for all industries.
SAP Information Life cycle Management (SAP ILM) is a data life cycle management tool for ABAP-based SAP systems that help organisations to manage live and archived data based on business-specific rules derived from a company’s own data protection and privacy policies, as well as legal and regulatory mandates such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Tool helps in storing archival data on disused systems (System Decommissioning) and ensures that unnecessary data will be deleted.
Top 5 benefits of SAP ILM –
- Archive obsolete data to improve the performance of your SAP system that decreases the database size as well as your administrative expenses.
- Support the retention rules for data and information by creating separate archives based on the different data live cycles.
- Reduce IT management costs by combining systems and decommissioning legacy systems.
- SAP ILM enables a clear and long-term storage of compliance audit and reporting functions for decommissioned systems.
- Reduce the costs and the risk of legal investigations by automating data entry for law cases.
Being the most successful SAP channel partner in India, MegathermERP offers you support to make use of this option of rule-based archiving according to data compliance.
We are here to improve your Information life cycle management process by managing all the archiving, retention and deletion policies across the enterprise, automate deletion of data based on latest privacy policies.
We have a team of cyber security experts to fulfil your critical requirements around lawful processing and to comply with the individual rights for personal data. If you want to know how the functionality of SAP ILM can benefit your company, please feel free to reach us. Our team will very happy to help you.