ERP refers to Enterprise Resource Planning, an enterprise management software solution that offers enterprises or businesses to automate and manage all the required business processes. Another name of this software solution is Enterprise Requirement Planning (ERP).
ERP is an extension version of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP). ERP software solutions help the manufacturing industry with several important features like manufacturing processes, supply management, logistics, finances, etc.
ERP solution gives businesses manufacturing operations-oriented one database system to manage the whole business processes as a master source of information.
The manufacturing industry needs ERP solutions for –
- Proper integration of business data collection and analysis.
- Better ROI optimisation and making business cost-effective.
- Improved integration of CRM and Back operations so that customer satisfaction can be handled properly.
- Accurate business reports for the betterment of overall business improvement.
- Connecting all the business systems properly with a single database infrastructure.
ERP software solutions offer one user interface for manufacturing organizations to handle:
- Finance and accounts
- Production planning
- Purchase management
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Procurement management
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Schedules of manufacturing
- Production processes
- Industry-specific production capacity utilization
- Orders handling
- Equipment management
- Company assets management
- And many more
ERP software solutions fit any manufacturing industry and give flexibility to manage all necessary business operations.